Guangzhou, referred to as “Sui”, is also called the City of sheep, the City of Paddy, Flower City, Fairy City. It was formerly known as the provincial capital before the liberation. It is Located in the south of China, the southern part of Guangdong Province and the northern edge of the Pearl River Delta. Rivers from west, north and east all meet here. It enjoys a privileged location adjacent to Hong Kong and Macao. Guangzhou is also the starting point of the Maritime Silk Road. It is known as China's "South Gateway." There are direct flights from Guangzhou to Lhasa. So it is also convenient to fly from Guangzhou to Lhasa.
Flying distance from Guangzhou to Lhasa: 2651KM
Flight route: direct flight or stopover
Fare: 2930RMB(ticket) + 60RMB(the airport construction fee and fuel fee) = 3000RMB
Departure airport：Guangzhou International Airport
There is only one direct flight (stopped by Chongqing) of the five shifts from Guangzhou to Lasa, the rest all need to transfer from other cities.
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Airfare|
China Southern Airline
|Flight No.||Departure -- Arrival||Duration||Airfare|
China Southern Airline
1. The above flights information is for reference only, please contact us for the latest information on Guangzhou-Lhasa flight.
2. In the Off-season, airlines will cut down the number of flights according to the number of tourists. If it is a low-season trip, please contact a travel consultant in advance to check the flight status of the day you travel.
Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (ICAO: ZGGG, IATA: CAN) is a civil airport is about 28 kilometers to the north of Guangzhou downtown area. It is located in the joint area of Renhe Town in Baiyun District, Xinhua Street and Huadong Town.
It is convenient to get to and get around from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport.
The North Extension Section of Guangzhou Metro Line 3 starts from Tianhe District West Sports Road Station in the south, passes by Linhe West, Guangzhou East, Yantang, Meihua Garden, Jingxi Southern Hospital, Tonghe, Yongtai, Jiahe, Longgui, Renhe Station and arrives at the New airport station. This line directly reaches to Tianhe District in the central city of Guangzhou. You can also transfer to Guangzhou South Railway Station and then take the Wuhan-Guangzhou High-speed Railway and Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity Railway. Or you can go to other areas in Guangzhou by transferring with other subway lines.
Taxis in Guangzhou are metered and fares are 2.6 yuan/km with a base rate 10 yuan for the first 2.5km. The one-way surcharge (for returning empty) is 50% up for the part over 35km. The road or bridge toll should be paid by the passengers as well, so taking a taxi is more expensive than other public transportation ways.
At the Terminal of the Airport Express, there are 11 "Konggang Express Lines" and "Airport Express Lines" at the entrance of the airport, which can be reached directly from various districts in Guangzhou. There are also a number of buses between the new airport and the Pearl River Delta cities. Lines 1-4 and 11 are the Konggang Express, while lines 5-10 are the Airport Express.
Lhasa Gongga Airport (IATA: LXA, ICAO: ZULS) is in Jiazhulin Town in Gongga County, Shannan District, Tibet Autonomous Region. It is located on the south bank of the magnificent Yalu Tsangpo River at an altitude of 3,600 meters. It is one of the highest civil airports in the world. The Gongga Airport is not very big. There are not many flights to and from the country. Unlike many airports with several terminals in the mainland China, there is only one terminal building with one entrance and one exit in the Gongga Airport. You won’t get lost once you are at the Lhasa Gongga Airport, since you’ll have to take the only exit to get out.
Gongga Airport staff parks the airport bus about five meters away from the exit of the terminal building. There is a small pavilion on the left side of the airport terminal building, where sells was the shuttle bus ticket. The fare was 30 yuan. After purchasing the ticket, you can get on the shuttle bus to downtown Lhasa.
The starting stop of the Gongga Airport shuttle is the exit of the Gongga Airport Terminal. The terminal is the Civil Aviation Bureau at the foot of the Potala Palace.
If you take a taxi, it costs about 200 yuan (not by meter); if you share a taxi with others, it’s about 50 yuan per person.
1. Tibet Flight travel notes:
Foreign tourists need to take the required documents to depart Tibet
- Passport: The passport must be within the validity period. Whether you are flying or booking a flight on the way, you need to provide the original passport when you check in at the hotel or pass the security check. Therefore, please always keep your passport at hand.
- Chinese visa: Except for tourists from the within 15 days visa-free countries, foreigners from other countries are all required to provide a valid Chinese visa.
- Tibet Permit: When getting your boarding pass and passing the airport security check, the airport staff will always check your Tibet permit. So please make sure you have your Tibet Permit ready before you fly and bring the Permit to your tour guide in Lhasa.
2. How to book an air ticket to and from Tibet?
Most tourists now book flights online through some travel service websites such as Ctrip, Qunar, or Fliggy. You can also purchase tickets on the airline's official website or on. Our company provides ticket booking service as well. It is recommended to book your ticket one month in advance to have a fair price.
3. Besides Guangzhou, which other cities can fly directly to Lhasa
Currently, many cities have direct flights to Lhasa, such as Beijing, Chengdu, Xi'an, Chongqing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Shangri-La, etc.
4. In addition to Lhasa Gongga Airport, Which airports in Tibet can you travel to by plane?
There are five airports in Tibet. Besides Lhasa Gongga Airport, you can also fly directly from Shigatse, Nyingchi, Ngari and Chamdo. There are only a few flights to these four airports, and only a few cities have direct flights to Lhasa.
- Shigatse Peace Airport (IATA: RKZ, ICAO: ZURK): Currently only Chengdu has direct flights to Shigatse, there is one shift every day : Tibet Airlines TV9843 （07:05-09:30）. A one-way ticket costs 1900 yuan.
- Nyingchi Mainlin Airport: Currently there are direct flights from Chengdu and Chongqing to Nyingchi Mainlin Airport. There are about four flights from Chengdu to Nyingchi every morning between 6:00 and 09:00, and there are about 3 flights from Chongqing to Nyingchi. If you want to fly directly to Nyingchi, you can only transfer from these two cities.
-Chamdo Banda Airport: Both Chengdu and Chongqing have a daily flight to Chamdo, There are only a few tourists go to Chamdo since it is not a tourist attraction in Tibet.
- Ngari Gunsa Airport: Every Friday, There is a flight Lucky Air 8L9681 (07:20-11:35) from Urumqi to Ngari via Kashgar.
6. Do children have discounts on ticket purchase?
A baby ticket for Infant under two years old (based on the date of departure) is at 10% of the regular adult fare. Children who are 2 years old or older to under 12 years (based on the date of departure) will be entitled to a seat at 50% of the regular adult fare for the same flight. When purchasing a child ticket, you should provide the children and babies’ valid documents such as birth certificate and residence booklet. When purchasing a baby or child ticket, the identity information needs to be attached to the accompanying adult.
7. How to get your boarding pass after purchasing a ticket online?
At present, once purchasing a ticket online, the passengers can get the boarding pass by presenting the valid documents used to book the ticket at the airport service counter. Foreigners who are flying to Tibet, should also present the valid ID documents and the Tibet Permit to check-in.
Anyone who books a tour with us is enabled to purchase discount tickets from Lhasa to Urumqi through our agency. The discount varies from 10 to 50% depending on the different time of the year. For detailed discount information, please contact our travel consultants for specific discounts information on flights to Lhasa.