Flying distance from Xi’an to Nyingchi: 1476KM
Flying time from Xi’an to Nyingchi: 2 hours and 40 minutes
Main airlines: Sichuan Airlines
Flight route: direct flight
Fare: 2010RMB(ticket) + 80RMB(the airport construction fee and fuel fee) = 2090RMB
Departure airport：Xi’an Xianyang International Airport
Xi’an-Nyingchi flights schedule:
There is one flight from Xi’an to Nyingchi on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday:
Sichuan Airlines 3U8603, taking off at 6:35am and arriving at Nyingchi Mainlin Airport at 9:15am.
Nyingchi-Xi’an flights schedule:
1. The above flight information is for reference only, please contact us for the latest information on Xi’an - Nyingchi flight.
2. In the off seasons, as there are fewer tourists, airlines might reduce flights accordingly. If you want to travel to Tibet during the low seasons, please contact our travel consultants in advance to make sure you can book the ideal flight. Xi'an Xianyang International Airport
Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (IATA:XIY, ICAO:ZLXY) is located in Weicheng District, Xianyang City, northwest of Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province. It is about 25 kilometers away from Xi'an downtown area. There are three terminals in the airport: T1 Terminal, T2 (domestic) terminal and T3 (domestic and international) terminal. The transportation to/from Xi'an Xianyang International Airport is very convenient:
1. Take a taxi from where you are directly to the airport.
2. Take an airport shuttle bus from downtown. The shuttle covers most of the downtown areas and please select the stop according close to your location.
3. You can take the subway line 2 to the North Railway Station and then take an airport shuttle bus straight to the airport.
Nyingchi Mainling Airport
Nyingchi Mainling Airport (IATA: LZY, ICAO: ZUNZ) is an airport in Mainling, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region, China. It is suggested to be one of the most challenging instrument approaches in the world, since the airport is in a winding valley. Nyingchi Airport is the third airport that Tibet has put into operation. The airport is 2,949 meters above sea level, lower than the other two civil airports, with a designed annual passenger flow of 120,000.
Known as one of the world's most difficult airports for aircraft to reach, Nyingchi Airport is situated in the valley of the Yarlung Tsangpo River in the Southeast of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, surrounded by over-4,000-metre-high (13,000 ft) mountains enveloped by clouds and fog throughout the year. Aircraft have to fly through the narrow and winding river valley to approach the airport. The narrowest flight path is less than 4 km from one mountain ridge along the valley to the opposite one.
According to meteorological data, there are just 100 days overall with suitable weather to operate to the airport each year.