Flying distance from Chengdu to Nyingchi: 939KM
Flying time from Chengdu to Nyingchi: 2 hours
Main airlines: Tibet Airlines, Air China, Sichuan Airlines
Shifts of flights: 4 shifts a day
Flight route: direct flight
Fare: 1480RMB(ticket) + 80RMB(the airport construction fee and fuel fee) = 1560RMB
Departure airport: Chengdu Shuangliu Airport
Chengdu - Nyingchi flights schedule:
There are 4 direct flights from Chengdu to Nyingchi ranging from 5:55am to 8:15am. It takes 2.5 hours.
Nyingchi- Chengdu flights schedule:
1. The above flight information is for reference only, please contact us for the latest information on Chengdu - Nyingchi flight.
2. In the off seasons, as there are fewer tourists, airlines might reduce flights accordingly. If you want to travel to Tibet during the low seasons, please contact our travel consultants in advance to make sure you can book the ideal flight.
Chengdu Shuangliu Airport
Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport (IATA: CTU, ICAO: ZUUU) is located in the southwest of the center of Shuangliu District, Chengdu, China. The airport is 16 kilometers from Chengdu downtown area. It is one of China's eight regional hub airports, an aviation hub in China's inland areas and a passenger & cargo distribution center. Shuangliu Airport is currently divided into two terminals, T1 and T2. Sichuan Airlines and all international/Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan flights take off and land in the T1 terminal. All other flights take off and land in the T2 terminal. You can walk from one terminal to another in about ten minutes. And there is a shuttle bus between T1 and T2 which runs every five minutes and operates from 7:30am to 10:00pm.
There are several ways from Chengdu downtown area to the Shuangliu Airport
1. Taxi-- Terminal 1: The airport taxi stop is at the Gate 2 outside T1 Arrival Hall
-- Terminal 2: The airport taxi stop is at the Gate 4-5 outside T2 Arrival Hall.
2. High-speed rail: Chengdu-Mianyang-leshan Intercity Railway station is located at the B1 Shuangliu Airport Station of terminal 2. It connects Shuangliu Airport with Chengdu South Railway Station and Chengdu East Railway Station. Shuangliu Airport Station can be arrived within half an hour from Deyang, Meishan and it also can be reached from Jiangyou, Mianyang, Leshan and Emeishan within an hour.
3. Subway: Chengdu Metro Line 10 was opened on September 6, 2017. The first phase of the project is about 10.9 kilometers long, all of which are underground lines. There are 6 stations in total, starting from Taipingyuan Station, passing through the Jinxiu station, Huaxing Station, Jinhua Station, Shuangliu Airport Terminal 1, and ending at Shuangliu Airport terminal 2 station.
4. Airport bus: There are many buses from the airport to Chengdu downtown area. Some of the bus information are as follows: Bus 300 -- North Railway Station - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, fare: 10 yuan
Bus 303 -- road, the downtown ticket booth (next to Mingshan Hotel) - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, fare: 10 yuan Bus 317 – the East Square Chengdu East Railway Station - Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, fare: 2 yuan
5. Chartered Bus: Chartered bus is recommended If you have a large group of people. Our company provides Chengdu car/bus services for all tourists, including airport pick-up and drop-off service.
Nyingchi Mainling Airport
Nyingchi Mainling Airport (IATA: LZY, ICAO: ZUNZ) is an airport in Mainling, Nyingchi, Tibet Autonomous Region, China. It is suggested to be one of the most challenging instrument approaches in the world, since the airport is in a winding valley. Nyingchi Airport is the third airport that Tibet has put into operation. The airport is 2,949 meters above sea level, lower than the other two civil airports, with a designed annual passenger flow of 120,000.
Known as one of the world's most difficult airports for aircraft to reach, Nyingchi Airport is situated in the valley of the Yarlung Tsangpo River in the Southeast of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, surrounded by over-4,000-metre-high (13,000 ft) mountains enveloped by clouds and fog throughout the year. Aircraft have to fly through the narrow and winding river valley to approach the airport. The narrowest flight path is less than 4 km from one mountain ridge along the valley to the opposite one. According to meteorological data, there are just 100 days overall with suitable weather to operate to the airport each year.